The Cruces University Hospital is a general hospital that belongs to "Osakidetza"; it is the hospital with the most employees in the Basque Country and one of the reference points of the State Health Department.
The Cruces University Hospital´s mission is to provide specialised public health care to the citizens of the Uribe and Enkarterri-Ezkerraldea regions, as well as to the rest of the Basque Country and other self-governing communities, in the services referred to and universally where it comes to emergency care.
The current Strategic Plan for Research intends to continue the research path of Cruces University Hospital and defines the strategy to implement in the coming years, with the following main objectives:
- To study in depth its surroundings with the goal of describing all of the agencies involved and to identify synergies with each one.
- To review and clearly define the functions and objectives of the research structure created in relation with its reference area, its research professionals and its potential investors.
- To design the critical points that classify the priorities of the research lines in the overall strategy framework of Cruces University Hospital. Overall, to clearly determine the research potential with respect to the research activity in terms of:
- Which research lines will be followed
- How research projects will be developed
- With what organisational structure the research will be managed
- What the associated cost is and how the research will be financned
- Lay the groundwork for the startup of the Health Research Institute that articulates research in Health Sciences in the area of influence of our hospital.